homeblack aboutjoshblack     aboutmeblack        photos

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Scary, Sad, Scary, Sad...

BUT EXCITED... Exhausted and my feet are killing me, but wanted to scribble this down real quick. Tomorrow Joshua starts the ESE Pre-K program at the elementary school!! This is for the children with special needs, like him, that qualify for this early program. And he will get an IEP (individual education plan). They can attend at 3 years of age and 4 years of age until they move into Kindergarden. I have been on my feet all day getting all of his stuff labeled, documented and packed. Thank goodness he's been sleeping since 7pm. The program is 5 days a week, 6 hours each day. They are treated just like the rest of the elementary students. This is an exciting program because he is going to learn so much and advance in so many ways... especially speech! At least we hope, lol. But it is such a sad event as well. My little baby, my fun buddy, is going to leave his mom! So I'm off to bed so that we can wake up extra early in the morning. School here we come!

My exact feeling: Sadness, as if my child is being taken away from me! Irrational I know, but what can I say? I've never given anyone, not even my own family, this much slack on the very short leash Joshua has been on. I know the benefits will outweigh my fears. I just have to keep praying and trust that God continues to keep Joshua safe and protected through these new adventures!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting but I know it makes you sad :( You summed it up already though...the benefits outweigh the sadness and it is what is going to be best for him! I hope you guys have a great first day at school!!!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete