homeblack aboutjoshblack     aboutmeblack        photos

Friday, July 2, 2010

Inspiration for us warriors...

I made another new friend, Jules , in the preemie mom community. Take a look at her blog here. I had to pass around a short, inspirational video that she recently posted on her site.

Even with the challenges, every day I get to be with Joshua is a good day! I certainly know I could have been dealt a much more heartbreaking fate. But the day I get to look at him all grown up, no health problems, developmental challenges, setbacks or obstacles to think of, now that will be a great day!!



Here are the pictures and article from the People Magazine feature.

When miracle babies grow up!
Click here for original article.



Sidenote: This was Joshua. 1 lb, 7 oz dropping to 1 lb, 4 oz after birth. The first thing the nurse practitioner said to Nick while running Joshua down the hall to the NICU as they were manually bagging him was, "It's a 50/50 chance."

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing that! My daughter was a 26 weeker as well. They will grow up to be something great, for sure! ```

    ReplyDelete