homeblack aboutjoshblack     aboutmeblack        photos

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Stacking the tables...

Last week Joshua stacked blocks for the first time! This is a feat his occupational therapists have been waiting for since the start of his therapy. Periodically, while Nick is sleeping during the day, I sit down on our sectional to relax and I let Josh play with whatever he chooses at that time. He usually ends up bringing his Disney Pixar Cars right next to me on the couch and races them on the coffee table. Last week however, he brought over four wooden, cylinder blocks from a block/cart set that his Grandma Linda and Great Grandma Gina bought him over a years time ago. He was playing and I wasn't paying much attention until he began acting excited about something. I looked over and he had perfectly stacked all four blocks on top of each other. He was looking at them on the table with pride and accomplishment and was trying to show me what he did. He thought it was the coolest thing. That was the first time he has ever stacked anything! Oh, and I forgot to mention that the blocks were all the same color. I am thinking now that this was intentional because today, he did the very same thing. This time it was only three blocks, but they were all red. Again they were perfectly stacked and he expressed the same excitement as before. It was too cute. Even with all of his setbacks, he is really a tremendously smart boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment